Thursday 2 February 2012

French breakfast [Croissant]

My love for croissant has no limits, it my favorite breakfast, snack, sometimes dinner and lunch. In other words, all day. I was thinking of croissants all week, until the weekend. Making croissants may take up to 12 hours & the day I start making my croissant, my father decided we should go for a mini-trip which made the dough rest more than it should be, when I came back home the dough was sticky, when I started to knead the dough, it came back into a soft ball. I spread the butter did all the steps, and while I was rolling I noticed the butter was coming out of the dough, I tried to be delicate and when I finished cutting and rolling the croissant, the dough didn't rise and decided to bake them, they turned really awful, the butter oozed out and it was just a dry dough witch soaked up all the butter.




 I gave it a second shot, and this time I was patient, didn't want to rush the process of making it, and it took me 2 days, because I left the dough in the fridge over night, so I could focus and be careful, and let me tell you, as soon as those croissant came out of the oven, I celebrated and the whole family got excited and happy.

I used Julia Child's recipe, it was a success. I can't wait to give it another shot.



I would love to post the recipe, but the internet made it easy. I'll post few pictures on the steps how to make croissant.





These are 2 pages of several on how to make croissant from Julia Child's book "Mastering the Art of French Cooking"

 FULL RECIPE [Mastering the Art of French Cooking]


Those flaky, hearty, french croissant. Soft from the inside, crunchy and flaky from the outside, just the way it is.


Shaikha xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...